Questions regarding a particular assassination, like the method, weapon, circumstances etc., or assassins are valid. Also questions regarding the history of assassinations in various epochs in history are valid.
You should avoid questions "what if" or speculations if there are no good sources.
Assassination can have political reasons, religious or can be a part of military tactics.
Some notable historical figures who were targets of assassination attempts (some unsuccessful):
- Julius Caesar (stabbed)
- Alexander II Romanov, Tsar of Russia (bomb)
- Elizabeth of Bavaria, nicknamed "Sissy", empress of Austria (stabbed)
- Umberto I, king of Italy (gunshot)
- Franz Ferdinand Habsburg (gunshot)
- Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht (gunshot)
- Alexander I, king of Yugoslavia, killed along with Louis Barthou (gunshot)
- Adolf Hitler (bomb, survived)
- John F. Kennedy (gunshot)
- Martin Luther King (gunshot)
- John Lennon (gunshot)
- pope John Paul II (gunshot, survived)
- Mohandas Gandhi, Indira Gandhi (gunshot)
- Ronald Reagan (gunshot, survived)
- Yitzhak Rabin (gunshot)
- Dzhokhar Dudayev (bombed by military rockets)