Questions about classical antiquity should be about facts and events related to the cultural history of the Greco-Roman world. The broad historical periods classical antiquity spans are:
- The archaic period (8th to 6th centuries BC)
- Classical Greece (5th to 4th centuries BC)
- The Hellenistic period (323 BC to 146 BC)
- The Roman Republic (5th to 1st centuries BC)
- The Roman Empire (1st century BC to 5th century AD)
- Late Antiquity (4th to 6th centuries AD)
- History of scientific regression
- What factors contributed to earlier democratic states failing?
- Why do we find a large number of nude male characters in ancient Greek paintings and sculptres?
- What was the origin of the Classical Antiquity culture?
Related Ancient Greece tags
ancient-greece for questions specific to the Ancient Greece
greek-dark-ages for questions specific to the Greek Dark Ages (the Homeric era)
classical-greece for questions specific to the Classical period
hellenistic-greece for questions about the Hellenistic period
Related Ancient Rome tags
ancient-rome for questions specific to Ancient Rome
roman-kingdom for questions for the Kingdom of Rome, that started with the city's founding
roman-republic for questions specific to the Roman Republic
roman-empire for questions specific to the Roman Empire
byzantine-empire for questions specific to the Byzantine Empire