This question in the Science Fiction and fantasy stack exchange asks about the British East India Company operating in the West Indies. According to Wikipedia, there were a number of East India Companies.
- British. Came to rule India.
- Dutch. Came to rule Indonesia.
- French. Fought the British for influence and control in India.
- Portuguese. Lost most of their colonies to the Dutch and British.
According to Wikipedia, there were also a number of West India Companies.
- Danish. Ruled Danish Caribbean Islands.
- Dutch. Ruled New Netherlands, & some Caribbean islands, etc.
- French. Ruled all French colonies in the Atlantic Ocean 1664-1674.
It would be natural to suppose that there could have been a British West India Company that monopolized all trade with British colonies in the Caribbean.
But there didn't seem to be any British West India Company. Did the British East India Company operate in the Caribbean?
If anyone answers, they can also answer and/or link to this question?