I am just working on a colorization of a Heinkel He 162. To get the color right, I have to know what kind of fence is used on the airfield. My best guess would be wood, but it can also be metal.

Is there someone who knows what this could be?

EDIT: I found out that the He 162, Werksnummer 120086, as seen in the photo, has been "caught" by the British and therefore, this is a photo captured on a British airfield.

He 162

enter image description here


Looks a lot like a wood paling fence, which is wooden stakes linked by wire.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Nice to know that not everything was over-engineered.
    – SPavel
    Nov 2 '17 at 12:58
  • 1
    Looks like they are mounted on metal-axled frames however, unlike in your diagram. The axles look as though they are machined dead straight, while the banisters are somewhat irregular as in your picture above. Nov 3 '17 at 1:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.