In 1683 at the Battle of Vienna, 20,000 Polish, German and Austrian cavalry charged the Ottoman lines in what Wikipedia says is the largest cavalry charge in history. Other references are more cautious: this page and one of the Wiki references say “largest known” while 10 Heroic Cavalry Charges says “one of the largest”.
There may be some European / American bias, though. Looking at the list of Notable Charges, almost all those listed are European or from the American Civil War. No mention of the Mongols or any of the armies of Chinese dynasties such as the Sui or the Ming. Of course, the American civil war was comparatively recent so figures are more likely to be available and reliable.
Nonetheless, considering the size of some of the armies that these eastern powers had, these omissions seem to be rather glaring. In Richard A. Gabriel’s Genghis Khan's Greatest General: Subotai the Valiant the author, referring to the Mongols, states that
The army was almost entirely composed of cavalry, with 40 percent heavy cavalry, and the remaining 60 percent designated light cavalry. There were no organic Mongol infantry units...
Gabriel also says that
The charge of the heavy cavalry was always the main player in the endgame of a Mongol attack.
As Genghis Khan could field an army of up to 100,000 Mongols (see also the Battle of Yehuling) it seems likely that some of the cavalry charges could easily have exceeded 20,000. Then there is the army of Fu Jian in 383 AD which apparently included 270,000 cavalry, and that of Yang Liang in 586 AD numbering “300,000, mostly composed of archer cavalry.” for the invasion of Korea.
There is, of course, a problem knowing the real numbers in many cases. For example, numbers for the Battle of Mohi in 1241 vary considerably.
I’ve been unable to find much information on the size of cavalry charges for either Chinese or Mongol armies and whether or not any of them surpassed in numbers the one at the Battle of Vienna in 1683.
Are there any primary sources on the size of cavalry charges for the Mongol or Chinese armies which are considered reliable by modern historians?
If not, have modern historians been able to make any estimates based on what evidence is available? Do we have any idea what proportion of the cavalry any of these armies might have committed to a single cavalry charge?
I would accept an answer for either the Chinese or the Mongols. Although I'm not asking about other armies (including Arab, Persian etc. might make the question too broad), I would be interested in reliable primary sources / estimates made which match or surpass the Vienna 1683 cavalry charge.