Timeline for context:
- 9 August, 1945: atomic bomb on Nagasaki.
- 15 August: the Japanese announced their acceptance of the unconditional surrender (Potsdam Proclamation).
- 21-23 August: the Japanese surrender to the Chinese in the city of Zhijiang (芷江) in Hunan province (湖南省), China. There's videos of this surrender on YouTube.
- 28 August to 10 October: Chiang Kai-shek and Mao Zedong were in Chongqing (重庆) in Sichuan province (四川省) in a post-war peace negotiation.
- 2 September: the Japanese surrendered aboard the USS Missouri.
During WWII, I understand there was a "coalition government" between the Nationalist Party and Communist Party, so I'm curious as to where Mao Zedong was during the surrender in Zhijiang, and in particular, if he was in attendance.
Question: Where was Mao Zedong during the Japanese surrender in Zhijiang?
Prior to all this, on June 19, Mao Zedong was in Yan'an (延安) in Shaanxi province (陕西省) for the 7th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.