I am trying to identify the man in the photo below, and I am hoping that his uniform in this picture gives some clues. I am told he was in the RAF, though I know nothing of his role. The pin badge/brooch and overall style of the uniform look potentially identifiable.

I believe the most likely date range for the photo is 1930s-1940s.

Man in uniform


1 Answer 1


That's the Observer Single Wing badge above his breast pocket, which was withdrawn in 1942 and replaced by the Navigator Single Wing badge.

enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.