I know that machine guns were a vital part of world war 1. I know that they were mainly used in the trenches as fixed position weapons. However, I would like some specifications about the machine gun in WWI, including:
- What was their rate of fire (bullets per minute)?
- What was their recoil (Regarding how easy they were to fire)?
- What was their accuracy at a range of 100 meters?
- At what range did they have a reasonable accuracy (in meters)?
- What was their average weight (to check if they could be carried)?
I would appreciate it if you could give me those ranges for both the Triple Entente and the Central Powers.