Ancient Greece was a civilization centred around the Greek peninsula, that lasted from the 8th century BC to the end of the classical antiquity era (ca. 600 AD).
Questions about Ancient Greece should be about facts, events and historical figures of any of the following periods of Greek history:
- The archaic period (800 BC – 480 BC)
- Classical Greece (5th - 4th centuries BC)
- Hellenistic period (323 BC - 146 BC)
- Roman Greece (146BC - 330 AD)
The early Byzantine period can also be considered part of Ancient Greece history, at least up until the closure of the Neoplatonic Academy in 529 AD. The Greek Dark Ages (ca. 1200 BC–750 BC) are also oftenly quoted as the first historical period of Ancient Greece.
- History of scientific regression
- How would slaves have addressed their masters in Ancient Greece?
- Comparison of Ancient Greecian and Egyptian schools and methods of studying to modern day
- What factors contributed to earlier democratic states failing?
- Are there any archaeological evidence for the Dorian Invasion in Greece?
- Was there an assasination attempt against Xerxes in the battle of Thermopylae?
The tag is extremely broad, please use it in conjunction with a more specific one, for example:
greek-dark-ages for questions specific to the Greek Dark Ages (the Homeric era)
classical-greece for questions specific to the Classical period
greco-persian-wars for questions specific to the Greco-Persian Wars
hellenistic-greece for questions about the Hellenistic period
alexander-iii-greece for questions specific to Alexander the Great
macedon for questions about the ancient kingdom of Macedon