A broad term used for the period of cultural history of the Greco-Roman world that lasted from the 8th century BC to the decline of the Roman Empire in the 5th century AD.
Questions about classical antiquity should be about facts and events related to the cultural history of the Greco-Roman world. The broad historical periods classical antiquity spans are:
- The archaic period (8th to 6th centuries BC)
- Classical Greece (5th to 4th centuries BC)
- The Hellenistic period (323 BC to 146 BC)
- The Roman Republic (5th to 1st centuries BC)
- The Roman Empire (1st century BC to 5th century AD)
- Late Antiquity (4th to 6th centuries AD)
- History of scientific regression
- What factors contributed to earlier democratic states failing?
- Why do we find a large number of nude male characters in ancient Greek paintings and sculptres?
- What was the origin of the Classical Antiquity culture?
Related Ancient Greece tags
ancient-greece for questions specific to the Ancient Greece
greek-dark-ages for questions specific to the Greek Dark Ages (the Homeric era)
classical-greece for questions specific to the Classical period
hellenistic-greece for questions about the Hellenistic period
Related Ancient Rome tags
ancient-rome for questions specific to Ancient Rome
roman-kingdom for questions for the Kingdom of Rome, that started with the city's founding
roman-republic for questions specific to the Roman Republic
roman-empire for questions specific to the Roman Empire
byzantine-empire for questions specific to the Byzantine Empire